Tuesday 9 February 2016

Nigerian Lesbian Woman Tricked a Man Into Getting Her Pregnant to Avoid Cost of IVF in the UK

 

A 30-year-old woman, Kafayat Adegoke, who lives in Bradford, UK, decided to find herself a 'sperm donor' by pretending she was straight and bedding potential 'dads' because it was cheaper than IVF or surrogacy.
 
According to Mirror Online, the young woman, who is in a relationship with another woman, set out to be a single mum and drew up a wishlist of characteristics she wanted in her child. Then she set about finding a man – any man – who would oblige by sleeping with her. Once, twice, or however many times to get her pregnant.
 
She quizzed the men she dated about their family background, medical history and blood group before she picked her 'Mr Right'. She then ditched him after two months when she fell pregnant.
 
Kafayat explained: "Ever since I was a little girl I have yearned for a baby. I looked into IVF and surrogacy but they both seemed quite expensive. I also felt IVF was unnatural. I thought logically and what I needed was a sperm donor and there were plenty of these walking the streets and I could take my pick. I decided to pretend I was straight and trick a man into getting me pregnant.”
 
She told how she researched the best sexual positions to get pregnant in, though admitted the thought of sleeping with men made her "feel sick". Kafayat slept with the man twice before getting pregnant. 
 
She said: "I was so happy I was finally going to have a baby. I knew I had to end the relationship but I did start to feel guilty because I had grown close to him. I didn't fancy him at all but we had become friends.
 
"I decided to tell him the truth, that I had used him to get pregnant. He was understandably furious and was shouting at me.

“I said I was sorry and made it clear I wanted nothing from him and I didn’t want him to have contact with me or the baby." 
 
The mum-to-be said she is now planning speaking to her local council to secure a house and benefits, arguing: "I deserve them like any other single mum."
 
On her sexuality, she said, “In Nigeria, where I grew up, people were ignorant about gay people and I had to date men to be accepted. I would date girls in secret but sleep with men – but I always knew I was a lesbian.”
 
Currently, Adegoke is dating Aisha Atan. Aisha admitted to feeling shock when Adegoke told her the truth behind the pregnancy, but she began to understand.
 
“She’s my girlfriend and I love her and I hope to be part of the child’s life. I will support her all the way,” Aisha said.
 
And on how she intends to tell her baby about the conception, Adegoke said, “I will say the father is a sperm donor and not go into detail.”
 
“People have been shocked when I’ve told them what I have done – but it wasn’t easy for me,” Adegoke said. “I will never sleep with a man again to get pregnant. I am happy with one child. My baby’s dad has tried to contact me a few times but I want nothing to do with him. I don’t regret tricking a man into getting me pregnant. All that matters is my baby. "

No comments: