Monday 7 September 2015

President Buhari reassures Nigerians he will name his Cabinet this month

 
President Muhammadu Buhari today assured Nigerians that he would name his cabinet before the end of September.

The Senior Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina,  in a statement, said  Buhari gave the assurance in Accra at a joint press conference with President John  Mahama of Ghana. 

Buhari stated, “After I was sworn-in,  I said I will have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after the 30th of September if I do not do so.” 

The President was responding to a question on the appointment of ministers.

Buhari spoke amidst concerns that he might not name his cabinet this month because the National Assembly would resume from its recess at the end of the month.

The President also said the Nigerian military, in  collaboration with the Multi-National Joint Task Force, had recorded remarkable progress in the fight against Boko Haram since he assumed office.

No comments: