Wednesday 17 June 2015

Michelle Obama and leggy daughters Sasha and Malia heads back to US after Tea with Prince Hsrry and promoting Girls education initiative

The teenagers, aged 14 and 16, accompanied their mother to a handful of her engagements in London to raise awareness for the campaignThe First Lady gave a cheerful wave as she left the UK 

Those Legs are elegantly endless!!! The three Obama Ladies head back to US after their meetings in Britain.

According to Uk Daily Mail;

Dressed in a pink and red knee-length dress, Mrs Obama, 51, gave a cheery wave before boarding the plane. 
Her daughters, aged 16 and 14, had already taken their seats. The pair were dressed in grey and purple dresses for the journey. 


 Sasha ObamaMalia Obama 
The Prime Minister gave Mrs Obama a warm greeting as she arrived at Downing Street later in the day, embracing the First Lady with a friendly hug 

Yesterday Mrs Obama and her daughters took tea with Prince Harry at Kensington Palace. The trio spent around 40 minutes with the Royal during which time they are understood to have discussed their admiration for war veterans 

Earlier in the day the First Lady brought her daughters to enjoy afternoon tea with Prince Harry at Kensington Palace. 
'I grew up in a working class neighbourhood - a one a lot like this one - where people work hard to make ends meet and where families are tight-knit with strong values.
'Perhaps like a lot of you we grew up surrounded by our extended family. I had grandparents, aunts, cousins living just blocks away from our apartment.
'Our home was often busy with family coming and going and because our apartment was so small there wasn't much privacy.
'I can remember how hard it was to concentrate on my homework because someone was always talking or watching TV right next to me.
Harry, who famously gets on with the President's wife, was 'delighted' to have hosted the family after receiving their warm welcome earlier this year during a visit to Washington D.C. 
Mrs Obama and her daughters are understood to have stayed at the palace for around 40 minutes and discussed their shared admiration for veterans in the UK and abroad. 
It came after the President's wife visited Mulberry School in Tower Hamlets, whose female pupils she said 'inspired her'.

'Some might be wondering why the First Lady of the United States came here to Tower Hamlets and chose this school when I could have gone anywhere in the country.
'I'm here because of you, because girls like you inspire me. I'm so proud of you and your passion.
'I'm here because when I look out at all of these young women I see myself. I may come from a country that's an ocean away and I may be a bit older than you all. But in so many ways your story is my story.

'I often woke up at 4am when it was quiet so I could finish my homework because our home was always so busy,' she told them. 'I read every book I could get my hands on and did my best in every assignment because my parents said that a good education was the ultimate key to success.'
Mrs Obama has been promoting her Let Girls Learn campaign, launched earlier this year in collaboration with her husband.  
'We know that a girl with an education can shape her own destiny, lift up her family, and transform her community,' a White House statement on the initiative said. 
'That is why President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will be championing our efforts to help adolescent girls around the globe attend and complete school through the initiative, which will build upon the public engagement campaign the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) launched last summer.' 
On Friday the First Lady will pay a visit to U.S. troops stationed in Vicenza. Her final stop will be Venice, where she will make cultural outings, including a visit to the award-winning U.S. Pavilion at the Venice Biennale contemporary art show.




No comments: