Saturday 25 April 2015

Finally! Bruce Jenner tearfully introduces self as a WOMAN

 Emotional: Viewers saw the Olympic gold medallist reveal that he identifies as female and plans to completely transform into a woman
Diane Sawyer's tell-all interview with Bruce Jenner saw ratings skyrocket for ABC.
The explosive show, in which the Olympian revealed that he identifies as a woman, was watched by a whopping 16.9million viewers, according to figures from Nielsen.
Among adults between the ages of 18 and 49, the interview scored a very impressive 5.2 rating.


In general, broadcast network TV ratings tend to be low on a Friday night, and the 20/20 special raked in approximately four times its usual amount of viewers. 
Nielsen Social reveals that Bruce's interview was - excluding sports - the most social television airing ever. Bruce Jenner was trending on Twitter with 97,000 tweets about the 65-year-old's revelation, from 403,000 unique users.

A ratings smash: 16.9million people tuned into watch Bruce Jenner's interview with Diane Sawyer on Friday

The emotional interview saw a tearful Bruce reveal: 'For all intents and purposes, I am a woman.
'My brain is much more female than it is male. That's what my soul is. Bruce lives a lie. She is not a lie.' He added: 'I can't do it anymore.' 

Bruce, who has been in the spotlight in recent years starring on Keeping Up With The Kardashians, said that he plans to completely transform into a woman and has been taking female hormones regularly.

The Olympic gold medallist, who admitted he contemplated suicide while struggling to deal with the pain of keeping his secret, told Diane that he is still attracted to women and has always enjoyed a good sex life.
'I was never attracted to the guys. I am not gay.I am, as far as I know, heterosexual. As far as I know, I've never been with a guy. I've always been married, raising kids.' 
Bruce's family, and countless stars, voiced their support for the former athlete on Twitter during and after the show. 

No comments: